Achillies Champ Amplifier Review
This is the Achillies Champ Amplifier. This is a Fender Champ clone built to the highest specifications in Melbourne, Australia.
Contact Achillies Amplifiers – info “at” achilliesamps.com
Achillies Website & eBay Store
The video below was recorded using a Rode M3 Microphone as a close mic as well as a Rode M3 as a room Microphone about 5-6 feet away at amp height.
- Hand selected timber
- Traditional dovetail joinery
- Nos fuse holder (Manufactuered in the 50’s) Rare find
- Mix of Sprague / F and T / Orange Drop Capacitors
- Point-to-point wiring
- Carling switches
- Switchcraft jacks and plugs
- Traditional cloth covered wire
- 1 x 8″ Jensen P8R Alnico speaker
- High and low inputs
- 1 x Vol/ Power switch
- Cathode biased
- 4 watts output
- 1 x 6V6 Power Tube, 1 x 12AX7 Pre Amp, 1 x 5Y3 Rectifier
[usr 5] I’ve given this amp a 5/5 for obvious reasons. Not only is the amp of superior build quality, it’s small light and sounds bigger than it’s physical size. It sounds great with a Stratocsater, Telecaster, and Humbucker guitars (more videos to follow). If you want the best small amp around, check this Fender Champ Replica. I have no hesitations saying it’s built better than Fender Custom Shop amplifiers.